AWNA respects your privacy and does everything in its power to protect the confidentiality of any personal information you may give us. We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our products, programs, and services, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings. AWNA only collects personal information with the knowledge of the individual involved. We will explain what information is being collected and how it will be used. You have the right to decline to have this information collected or transferred. We will not disclose any personal information about users to any outside parties unless the user was advised of this possibility before providing the personal information. We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law.
understand how our site is used, to make sure the dynamic content is
served correctly, and to improve the performance of our site for our
users, particularly the way search pages are delivered. AWNA does not
remain anonymous -- and we do not sell information about our traffic
patterns. We use this information for statistical analysis, to help us
make our site more useful to visitors. We may disclose this
non-personal information to third parties such as sponsors or clients
and/or use it for auditing purposes. This tracking system does not
record personal information about individuals or link this information
to any personal data collected.
The AWNA Web Logging system automatically records some general information about your visit, such as:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as 'company.com' or 'service.ca' and the IP address of the computer accessing the web site, such as 'ppp-55' or '184.108.40.206'.
- The type of browser (such as 'Netscape version x' or 'Internet Explorer version x') you are using
- The type of operating system you are using (such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows).
- The date and time you visit our site and the web pages that you visit on our site, along with the address of the previous web site you were visiting, if you linked to us from another web site.
- We may use 'cookies' that identify you as a return visitor. A cookie is a piece of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. So, when you come back to visit us again, we can tailor information to suit your individual preferences. The goal is to save you time and provide you with a more meaningful visit and to measure web site activity. Cookies do not contain any personally identifying information. Browsers such as Netscape allow you to disable cookie collection if you wish, or inform you when a cookie is being stored on your hard drive.
Registration and On-line forms info
We may, from time to time, offer seminars and accept registration on the Internet. In that case, we will collect only such information as is required to (a) ensure that your confirmation is sent to you at the address of your choosing and (b) that your payment is processed correctly. We will ask you for your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address and your credit card information. Credit card information provided online would be processed over a secure link with our credit card provider.
As part of the registration process, we may ask you if you
want to receive information about other seminars. You would be free to
opt in or out. If you opted in, we would maintain your contact
information in a database solely used for that purpose. This database
would not be shared, given, sold or rented to any other party under any
circumstances. It would reside on our computer, and may only be
accessed by an AWNA employee who has (a) been authorized to do so and
(b) has a password issued by our IT department.